Instagram is a social media app that allows users to share photos and videos from their lives, add captions, edit filters, tweak settings, engage with others and explore , and so, so very much more — which is great and very rapidly growing social media platform. But the users don’t actually know everything about it, let us see some top unknown INSTAGRAM FACTS & grabsomeinfo.
It becomes easy to connect with the official account of your favorite superstars and big names through Instagram!
- Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010, by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.
- The name was to be Codename previously but then it was changed to Instagram before its launch.
- A study disclosed that 8% of the Instagram accounts are totally fake.
- Posts having at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement.
- Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion dollars. At that time of its purchase, there were only 30 million users on the platform.
- There are more than $2 million advertisers on Instagram.
- The top three most used filters include Gingham, Clarendon, and Juno.
- Instagram has been installed for more than $1 billion times on the play store.
- There are more than $16 million Google searches made every month of Instagram.
- The most followed person on Instagram is Cristiano Ronaldo – @cristiano with more than 171M followers.
- Over $40 billion photos and videos have been shared on Instagram.
- It has more than $1 billion monthly active users.
- The most used emoji on Instagram is Heart emoji.
- More than $100 million accounts post an Instagram story every day.
- Most of its users are between 18-29 years of age.
- Most liked picture on is of an egg posted by @world_record_egg having more than $53.5 million likes.
- When Instagram launched its video function in 2013, more than $5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours.
Kylie Jenner earns $1 million dollars per Instagram post.
- The most used hashtags are #love, #instagood, #me, #cute and #follow.
- The name Instagram comes from mashing of “instant camera” and “telegram” giving name Instagram.
This wraps up with the top 20 Instagram facts.
THAT’S ALL FOLKS!