Twitter is an American online news and social networking service. Users access Twitter through its website interface,or its mobile-device application software (“app”). Twitter, Inc. is based in San Francisco, California, and has more than 25 offices around the world. Let’s know about some interesting and fascinating facts about the social networking site and grabsomeinfo.
- Twitter was incorporated on April 19, 2007
- There are more than $326 million monthly active users.
- The first Tweet was sent by Jack Dorsey in San Francisco. The Twitter prototype was first used as an internal service for Odeo employees.
- It was going to be named ‘Friendstalker’ previously.
- Katy Perry has the most number of followers, that is, more than $108 million.
- The idea of twitter was firstly proposed on a playground slide.
- It wasn’t till 2017 that Twitter posted its first profit: 91 million dollars. And according to analysts, that was based more on cost-cutting (in sales, marketing, and R&D) than business growth.
- Most popular emoji is the laugh – cry – .
- Its amazing bird logo is named after basketball legend Larry Bird.
- 24 percent of US adults use this social media website.
- It is the number one platform for Government leaders.
- It took 3 years, 2 months and 1 day to go from the first Tweet to the billionth.
- Twitter is ranked as 11th by Alexa.
- During the 2014 FIFA World Cup Final, 618,725 tweets were sent in a single minute.
- Twitter has a worth of more than $11 Billion so far as 2019.
- It never invented the hashtag(#). It first came in by Chris Messina who used it to put two tweets together.
- 72% of Twitter followers of a brand that are likely to purchase the product from that brand.
- Most of the traffic comes from third-party applications.
#月に行くならお年玉, tweet by Yusaku Maezawa (MZ) 前澤友作 has got the most retweets ever which is more than $4.5 million.
- At present, the time taken to send a billion Tweets is only 48 hrs.
I like ur post
U have an amazing knowledge about twitter…