Don’t you wish to have soft, pink lips? If you have a darker shade, you may have tried home cures that only worked for a short time. Read ahead to know remedies and tips that can help you lighten dark lips and achieve the light lips you desire.
How Lighten the Dark Lips Naturally?
What is the Cause of Dark Lips?
Hyperpigmentation can result in the darkening of the lips. An overabundance of melanin causes this disorder. Lip hyperpigmentation can be caused by:
- exposure to the sun in excess
- allergic responses to toothpaste, lipstick, and other cosmetics
- cigarette smoking
- too much coffee
- hydration issues
Darker lips can also be caused by chemotherapy, anaemia, excessive fluoride use, and vitamin insufficiency.
Keeping the Lips Healthy
Regularly applying sunscreen before heading out in the sun, reducing caffeine intake, and switching toothpaste brands are all examples of lifestyle adjustments that can be made to address most of these factors. Alovera gel, coconut oil, and honey are some natural ways to make lips pink.
Lighten Dark Lips: Natural Remedies
Aloe vera gel includes a melanin-inhibiting component, according to studies. Using fresh aloe vera to your lips and rinsing it off as it dries up may be beneficial. Several droplets of extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil can be applied to your lips. It will hydrate the lips and assist to lighten the dark colour over time. Even twice-daily application of mustard oil will assist.
Cucumbers can also be used to minimize the look of black lips by juicing them and applying the liquid. Beetroot paste can be used in the same way. Apply lip balm after you’ve washed your face. Put a few drops of rose water into a teaspoon of honey and leave them on for several hours each day for those light lips.
Almond Oil for Lip Massage
Massage almond oil on the lips to hydrate and stimulate circulation. Lips have blood veins that help give them colour, and stroking them helps improve blood flow. As a natural cure for dry lips, use a high-quality almond or coconut oil. Several times a day, gently apply the oil to make lips pink naturally.
Cut a lemon in halves and gently brush the juicy section over your lips every night before bed. Wash your lips with iced water the next morning. This practice should be repeated each bedtime until you can see results.
- Cut a lemon slice and sprinkle it in sugar before night. Rub the sugared lemon on your lips. Wash your lips using lukewarm water the next morning.
- Lime is yet another citrus fruit that may inhibit the synthesis of melanin. Apply the lime-honey mixture on your lips gently before going to bed. The next morning, wash your lips.
Homemade Scrub with Honey
Exfoliating the lips gently might aid in the removal of dead skin cells. The following approach can be used to fabricate a scrub at home, mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1 teaspoon sugar. Using small circular motions, lightly massage the solution into the lips. Using warm water, rinse it off.
Exfoliating too frequently might irritate the skin. Because the skin of the lips is so fragile, it should only be exfoliated once a week.
You can even prepare your personal lip mask and use it to lighten the dark colour of your lips.
- Turmeric, for starters
Turmeric includes curcumin, which can help lighten skin by inhibiting or reducing melanin synthesis. Make a milk-turmeric powder paste and apply it to your lips. Keep on it for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing. After patting dry, add a lotion or lip balm.
- Mask made with strawberries
A handful of strawberries and a couple of teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate can be combined. Make a paste using the ingredients and apply it to your lips before going to bed. This mask may assist to soften the colour of your lips if they are dark.
- Pomegranate Mask
Research has indicated that a chemical found in pomegranates can help brighten skin tone. One tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, one teaspoon of rose water, and one tablespoon of fresh cream can be combined to produce a paste. Apply to your lips as a mask until your lip colour lightens.
Lighten Dark Lips Permanently
The lip hyperpigmentation treatment decision is a cosmetic one. Dark lips are commonly treated with laser treatments and medicines like hydroquinone and kojic acid. Many hyperpigmentation remedies act by barring melanin-producing enzymes.
Creams, chemical peels, and laser therapy are some of the cosmetic treatments used to lighten the skin. These treatments either lower or stop the production of melanin in the skin.
Irritation, scarring, and nerve damage are all possible side effects. Additionally, skin lightening creams may contain mercury, which, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, is harmful to one’s health.
Tips for Healthy Lips
- Dark lips can be prevented and reversed by drinking enough water and being hydrated at all times. Lack of water might cause your lips to get darker as a result of reduced blood flow.
- Avoid consuming too much caffeine, it can dehydrate you, causing hyperpigmentation. Include water-rich foods in your diet, including melons and cucumbers.
- When choosing lipsticks, lip glosses, or even lip balms, be cautious. This is due to the fact that certain of the chemicals in lipsticks can induce the darkening of the lips. Choose trusted brands or those that employ a lot of natural ingredients to be safe.
- If you suspect that the fluoride in your toothpaste is causing your lips to darken, consider switching to a brand with more organic ingredients and fewer chemicals.
- Smoking creates many health issues, one of the most noticeable effects of smoking is black lips. Reduce your cigarette consumption or quit altogether.
- If you apply make-up on a regular basis, make sure you remove it before going to bed. The chemical remnants in beauty products can irritate the skin and darken the lips over time.
The colour of your lips is natural and therefore does not require any treatment. Unless the colour has altered over time, dark lips are never a sign of an underlying health condition.
Eat healthily, moisturize, and remain hydrated to keep your lips looking healthy. Women all around the world suffer from a problem known as pigmented lips. They can, however, be avoided with a little care and attention. If your lips are already dark, you can use one or more of the treatments listed above to bring them back to their normal pink colour.
You may use a DIY lip scrub to refresh your lips quickly. When applied to the lips, freshly squeezed lemon juice helps brighten them. Sugar can also be used to remove unsightly dead skin. Combine it with honey and start working on your pout!
Once a day, apply a little layer of bleaching cream on your lips. Select a gentle bleaching cream designed exclusively for your lips. Check for the chemical hydroquinone, which is used to lighten the skin. Once a day, apply a little layer of bleaching cream on your lips. Because the skin of the lips is so thin, it’s critical not to overdo bleaching cream.
A few natural substances can be used to treat these dark patches at home. These substances can be used alone or in combination with other ingredients. Gram flour can aid to brighten the skin tone efficiently. Natural bleaching chemicals in potato juice aid in the prevention of dark areas. Lemon and honey are excellent for correcting discolouration and lightening the complexion.
Smokers’ lips are notoriously tough to remove. To begin, combine coarse salt or sugar with either almond or coconut oil. Once a day, gently massage this into your lips. Always use a moisturizer or a lip balm afterwards! Finally, reduce your cigarette consumption to see a notable change in the colouring of your lips.
As a therapy for lip discolouration, you can make a balm from strawberries and raspberries. To make a paste, combine either strawberries or raspberries or both, with aloe vera gel. Allow the balm to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat every day until your lips are lighter in colour.
Do Check Out!
- Best Time to Meditate, How Important Is Time
- The Difference Between Yogurt & Curd | Health Benefits
- What Is The Best Time To Drink Milk?
- Soya Chunks Nutrition | Facts & Benefits
- Butter And Cheese | The Difference
THAT’S ALL FOLKS!
If you liked the blog, don’t forget to like it and do scroll down to subscribe to my blog to get notified next time whenever I publish a new blog. Thanks!