Precautions for Dengue & Treatment
Dengue Precautions are not very difficult or complicated. Frankly, precautions for dengue are easiest that one can take in comparison to any other disease. Moreover, it is always better to stay cured by taking certain steps responsibly and saving yourself and others too. The only thing one has to keep in mind while fighting dengue is not letting the mosquito rise in their areas. Follow the blog read ahead to find out about all the necessary precautions one need to take, in order to stay safe from dengue!
What’s Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne virus affecting over 390 million people annually. As the disorder is generally light, it may be deadly. Recent research suggests dengue is between 100 and 800 years older. It likely originated in Africa or Southeast Asia and was subsequently transported to other parts of the planet through travel and trade.
Currently, travellers to popular destinations like Brazil and India can contract the disease. The virus is known as breakbone fever’ because of its symptoms.
Quick Facts on Dengue Fever
Here are some crucial points about dengue fever. Greater detail is at the main article.
- Dengue is transmitted with the mosquitoes Aedes aegypti along with Aedes albopictus(breeds of mosquitoes), which are found around the entire planet.
- Around 2.5 billion people, or 40 per cent of the world’s people, live in areas where there is a risk of dengue transmission.
- Dengue is endemic in at least 100 countries in Asia, the Pacific, the Americas, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Symptoms usually begin 4 to 7 days after the mosquito bite and typically last 3 to 10 days.
- Effective treatment is potential if your clinical diagnosis is made early.
Symptoms of Dengue
The indicators of Dengue are usually higher fever associated with rashes.
- Unusual high fever
- Intense aggravation
- Body aches
- Reduction in desire
- Mucosal Infection
- Rashes on the skin
- Intense nausea
- Pain from the eyes
- Pain in the neck area
- Pale and clammy skin
- Bleeding from gums and nose
- Febrile convulsions
- Lymph glands swelling
- Pain at the joints
- Persistent vomiting
- Sharp pain at the abdomen
- Lungs, heart and liver Issues.
A physician must immediately suggest a blood test whenever these symptoms of more than two or three co-exist. In the instance of just fever, one must be given drugs only for every single day. A blood test could be advocated if the fever does not subside. Dengue treatment is simpler when discovered early, and therefore don’t spend your time and save you too. That is the reason precautions are necessary at all times.
Expert Precautions to Stay Guarded against Dengue
Dengue mostly does not have any specific season to come in an immense action to affect but, yes as because of the monsoon season water gets filled up at several places and there is water everywhere. The mosquitoes lay eggs easily in the dirty water and then they start affecting people. But still, there are several places where one can resist them from laying eggs. The ultimate solution to reduce dengue virus illness is to take precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Moreover, as this year(2020) each and every person in this world is fighting the coronavirus, the situation has become a bit worse. This is because when a person is affected by the novel coronavirus, he/she suffers from breathing problems and attains high fever. Dengue fever takes down the platelets and makes the patient very week. Now, in this crucial situation, if a person catches both the COVID-19 virus and the dengue bite, then it is going to be a very very bad situation. It would not be easy to fight out both together. As the immune system would not be strong enough to tolerate both the problems together.
So, it is highly important to take proper precautions to stop the dengue fever from the spread and rise too.
Necessary Precautions to be Taken For Staying Guarded Against Dengue
- Turn over empty pails and buckets, therefore, they usually do not collect extra water.
- Cover up the strands and drums which can be used for preserving water.
- Remove all of the vacant flower pots.
- Make certain you do not overwater potted plants.
- Clean and empty water bowls of pets in the home and the water bowls of birds in the balcony.
- Fix busted septic tanks and insure vent pipes with wire mesh if any.
- Discard the plants that you keep from the water at home.
- Wear clothes that can cover you completely. Wear a blouse top, long trousers and closed-toe shoes instead of sandals.
- The mosquitoes which carry the dengue viruses will be active from sunrise to dusk; keep windows and doors shut during these hours.
- If you possess a cooler in your home, be sure that to wash it regularly.
- Keep the dustbins wash; don’t let any dirt becoming collected to prevent mosquitoes.
- Light camphor because it will help in keeping the mosquitoes away.
- Sleep under a mosquito mesh.
Be sure that toddlers and infants are conscious of such areas. Ensure decent lighting in your dwelling.
How Is Dengue Treated?
There is no specific antiviral therapy for dengue. Supportive care is used to help with symptoms. Usually, analgesics, hydration and bed rest are enough to help patients throughout their infection. If you guess dengue throughout or following your vacation, be sure to seek medical care. Because of the lack of a real dengue therapy, avoidance is key while in most regions with this disorder.
There’s not any particular treatment for dengue fever, but the decent fluid ingestion and bedrest are vital. Most patients recover in just fourteen days.
However, dengue fever could become severe, leading to dengue haemorrhagic syndrome and dengue shock syndrome.
It’s very important to discover the warning signs like abdominal pain, persistent nausea, premature bleeding, fluid and hepatitis accumulation since it may progress to acute dengue. Even dengue patients without indicators can form severe dengue. Dengue fever with warning signs and intense dengue require aggressive emergency treatment and hospitalisation.
Do Check Out!
- WHY DO WE HAVE DREAMS | WHAT CAUSES THEM |
- BENEFITS | IMPORTANCE OF | SLEEP |
- GOOD THINGS | ABOUT | CORONAVIRUS |
- COVID-19 | EFFECTS ON | BUSINESSES |
- 45 SOCIAL MEDIA | ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS | YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW |